|Location:||Spokane - WorkSource|
Believe the way to break the spirit of poverty is through the dignity of work?
Know how to utilize assessment results to help job seekers on their career path?
Want to help people in poverty connect to employment at family supporting wages?
Want to make a “Best place to work” better?
As an Employment Practitioner under the Assessments Coordinator track, every day is a chance to create a supportive, empowering learning environment for adult learners and provide essential skill development within the WorkSource system. Using an Integrated Service Delivery, this position will also deliver basic employment services through the technology center and career coaching, according to requirements of the funding contract.
A successful Practitioner will be energetic and extremely patient when working with self-conscious learners, experienced in working with learners of limited educational backgrounds and study habits, performance driven, entrepreneurial, know how to take the broad elements of a program model and customize to the needs of the candidate. Our practitioners work in a collaborative relationship with other practitioners and leadership to meet goals of the program and fund source. In this role you will need an eye for detail, flexibility and the ability to work at the pace of business.
As a Assessments Coordinator, a day might include the following:
- Research, evaluate, and prepare recommendations on curricula options, instructional methods/materials and measurement tools
- Confer with members of educational committees and advisory groups to obtain knowledge of subject areas and to relate curriculum materials to specific subjects, individual student needs, and occupational areas.
- Coordinate the selection of the curriculum and measurement tool
- Implement the curriculum and tool, in partnership with other partner organizations in the WorkSource system
- Advise teaching and administrative staff in curriculum development, use of materials and equipment
- Develop tests, questionnaires, and procedures that measure the effectiveness of curricula and use these tools to determine whether program objectives are being met
- Develop instructional materials to be used by WorkSource instructors
- Update the content of educational programs to ensure that students are being trained with equipment and processes that are technologically current
- Evaluate curriculum and measurement tools for effectiveness
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Requires advanced level use of: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; LinkedIn, and other business-related networking applications, as appropriate.
- Requires flexibility in working some evening and/or weekend hours.
- Must be able to work in a culturally diverse and fast-paced environment and demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity and cultural competency.
- Daily availability of personal vehicle or alternate method of transportation sufficient to meet the daily transportation requirements of the position is a condition of employment. Copies of driver’s license and auto liability insurance coverage is required for personnel file at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Experience designing instructional materials and curriculum.
- Demonstrated experience as an energetic and effective facilitator, student outreach, and/or in adult continuing education.
- Flexible teaching style and ability to successfully execute a lesson plan that accommodates a variety of learning styles so as to ensure that all students progress at the same pace.
- Mastery of Basic Computer Literacy, Windows, Keyboarding, Microsoft Office Suite, and the Internet.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in: Business Administration, Human Resources, Social Work, Communication, Workforce Development, Psychology, or Sociology. Appropriate work experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
- Certified Workforce Development Professional (CWDP).
- Demonstrated success in a performance based system and one-year of experience working with employers, job placement, job development, sales, workforce development, job coaching, employment and training.
- Demonstrated success working with people from a variety of backgrounds which may include disabilities, criminal history, homeless, family violence, poverty etc..
- Experience in curriculum development, evaluation, assessment, accreditation, program review and/or testing in workforce development
- Knowledge of online learning technologies and trends
If you meet these qualifications and are ready to match candidates to employers, please click APPLY NOW below. We look forward to reviewing your unique qualifications.
- Competitive health care package, including medical, dental and vision, starting on the first of the month following date of hire
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with strong employer match and 3 year vesting schedule
- 10 Paid Holidays, including Floating Holiday
- Paid Vacation, Sick, Bereavement, Jury Duty and Military Leave
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
Career Path Services is a workforce development and employment training 501(c)3 nonprofit headquartered in Spokane, WA. As an organization, we pride ourselves in being a part of our community and truly enriching the community we work in. We value our diverse team-based environments while recognizing the creativity and initiative of individuals. Career Path Services is committed to the training and development of employees, lifelong learning, and leadership development.
Career Path Services is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay 711 and TTY relay 1-800-833-6388
The Spokane Area Workforce Development Council is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay 711 and TTY relay 1-800-833-6388
Breaking the spirit of poverty through the dignity of work
Job: Employment Practitioner - Assessments Coordinator
Primary Location: Spokane
Number of Openings: 1
Classification: Full-Time Exempt
Education Level: High School Diploma or GED (± 12 years)
Experience: 1-3 years
Recruitment Closing Date: 7/13/18. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision and/or close recruitment at any time.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications