Believe the way to break the spirit of poverty is through the dignity of work?
Dedicate yourself to continuous improvement to grow business and create flow?
Have a passion for and a natural ability to ensure the highest levels of hospitality are met?
Want to make a “Best place to work” better?
As a One-Stop Center Manager, every day is a chance to help staff from different organizations come together to achieve common goals and ensure all universal access and resource service activities and goals are met with the highest levels of customer service within the Pierce County One-Stop Career Center. The One-Stop Center Manager oversees guest services, stays current on program, system and fund source requirements, is responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations of the center, and representing the WorkSource system within the community.
The One-Stop Center Manager works under the guidance of the One-Stop Systems Operator, and center leadership and reports to the Career Path Services Director of Workforce Development, but represents all WDC and community partners to provide integrated Career, Business and Training services as described in WIOA final rules, the area Workforce Development Local Plan, and the Resource Sharing Agreement. The stability of this position depends directly upon funding through the Resource Sharing Agreement.
A successful One-Stop Center Manager must:
- Be an inspirational, hospitality-focused, goal-driven, highly professional leader;
- Achieve goals while utilizing an inclusive, partnership-based, human centered design approach;
- Be a skilled communicator; able to interpret, explain, and apply principles of the public workforce development system;
- Be flexible and willing to change, and assist with change management implementation as the needs of the WorkSource System change;
- Be able to analyze problems and opportunities, identify and evaluate alternatives, and implement sound, effective approaches as directed by center leadership;
- Have a commitment to partnership; able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of citizens, local business leaders, and partner agencies.
In addition to the above, the One-Stop Center Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Trains all center staff on the essential functions of the WorkSource One-Stop Center, resource room service delivery, shared standards outlined within the WorkSource handbook, center policies, and customer service expectations.
- Oversee day-to-day operations, including ensuing ADA and Equal Opportunity accommodations are met, scheduling staffing patterns for greeting and facilitation, coordinating room reservations for the Center and community partners, onboarding new staff within the center, and assisting with marketing and branding activities for the center as needed.
- Lead the team through preparation of Equal Opportunity monitoring, act as the point of contact for the monitors, and ensure satisfactory results.
- Assist WorkSource staff with office and equipment procurement and maintenance and property management activities, when related to universal access of resources.
- Applies policies and procedures within the One-Stop Center necessary to attain contracted and internal One-Stop or WorkSource Center outcomes on a daily, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Conduct performance analysis and participates in Continuous Quality Improvement activities to identify areas for improvement or additional training and ensure lean operating processes, policy compliance, and customer service delivery expectations are met.
- Assist with the One-Stop Center finances, including helping develop or monitor annual budgets and implementing actions for eliminating spending concerns.
- Produce and disperse required internal paperwork and reports to the appropriate fund source contacts and/or Career Path Services staff.
- Attend a WorkSource Continuous Quality Improvement meeting or other Leadership team, Center, or partner meeting.
- Engage with WDC and community partners to provide integrated Career, Business and Training services.
- Work with center leadership to ensure policies are current, reviewed yearly, and remains in compliance with federal, state and local policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in: Business Administration, Hospitality, Social Work, Communication, or Social Services’ related field. (Experience may be substituted for the degree requirement on a year for year basis)
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated experience working in a customer-service focused position within a community based organization specializing in workforce development, employment and training, education, or related services.
- Requires use of: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, LinkedIn, and other business-related networking applications, as appropriate.
- Requires flexibility in working some evening and/or weekend hours.
- Must be able to work in a culturally diverse and fast-paced environment, and demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity and cultural competency.
- Certified Workforce Development Professional (CWDP) credential.
- A Master’s Degree.
- Supervisory experience in employment training, education, resource room, or other related business.
- Human Centered Design, Project Management and/or Program Implementation experience.
- Demonstrated success working with customers from varied backgrounds, such as people in poverty, who have a disability, are transitioning ex-offender and those who are homeless, or are victims of domestic violence.
If you meet these qualifications, please click APPLY NOW below. We look forward to reviewing your unique qualifications.
- Competitive health care package, including medical, dental and vision, starting on the first of the month following date of hire with 90+% of the employee-level coverage premium paid by the company
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance and Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with strong employer contribution and 3 year vesting schedule
- 11 Paid Holidays, including Floating Holiday and Birthday Holiday
- Paid Vacation, Sick, Bereavement, Jury Duty Leave
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
Career Path Services is a workforce development and employment training 501(c)3 nonprofit headquartered in Spokane, WA. As an organization, we pride ourselves in being a part of our community and truly enriching the community we work in. We value our diverse team-based environments while recognizing the creativity and initiative of individuals. Career Path Services is committed to the training and development of employees, lifelong learning, and leadership development.
Career Path Services is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay 711 and TTY relay 1-800-833-6388
WorkForce Central is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay 711 and TTY relay 1-800-833-6388.
Breaking the spirit of poverty through the dignity of work
Job: One-Stop Center Manager
Primary Location: Tacoma, WA
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Salary: $65,000 annual
Education Level: Bachelor
Experience: 2+ years
Recruitment Closing Date: July 19, 2018 - The hiring authority reserves the right to make hiring decisions and/or close this posting at any time.
Join us for a Recruitment Open House on July 10, 2018 from 12:00 - 7:00 PM at the WorkSource Pierce Job Center (3650 S. Cedar St., Tacoma, WA)